I am a freelance writer and editorial intern for The Wire.
I write about identities and reactions and the messiness of overlapping cultures. A lot of coalescing ideas emerge on this page. It is a workspace more than a fully formed entity, so it is as flawed as it is personal. Feedback and thoughts are always appreciated!
Prawesh Dahal of the wonderful Lines and Tales does the artwork for this blog. Take a look at his instagram to delve into a true artistic menagerie.
- Token Diversity Won’t Fix Victoria’s Secret’s Deeper Problems. Livewire. December 3 2018.
- Delhi Through the Eyes of Its Working Class Women. Livewire. November 26 2018.
- A Feminist Guide to Delhi. LiveWire. November 3 2018.
- Pinjra Tod Adopts No-Negotiation Policy; Holds Nightlong Protest on Miranda House Grounds. LiveWire. October 31 2018.
- Can Intern Culture be Less Exploitative? October 25 2018.
- How Fenty’s Moroccan Spice Palette Excludes Moroccan Women From Its Mission of “Inclusivity”. The Establishment.August 20 2018.
- Bollywood’s Commodification of the Delectable Urban Indian Feminist. Kajal Mag. July 16 2018.
- Fitna: We Were Too Much of What Couldn’t Be Controlled. Himal Southasian. May 4 2018.
Reporting for The Wire:
- ‘Feminism on Social Media Isn’t the Only Kind There Is’: Madhavi Menon. The Wire. December 1 2018.
- DTC Workers’ First Strike in Thirty Years Ends on a Triumphant Note. The Wire. October 29 2018.
- Delhi’s Air is Toxic Once Again as Stubble Burning Begins. The Wire. October 21 2018.
Writing at the Borgen Project here.